Layer Marney Complex
Ted Keyes pool – 1, Lou Radford pool – 2 and John Graves pool – 3
This three reservoir complex at Layer Marney has seen a infusion of fish in recent years as part of the club’s policy to create a good general fishery. The fish have thrived in these very fertile waters and now offer match and pleasure anglers consistently good sport throughout the season. Roach, rudd, crucian carp, bream, tench, common and mirror carp are present.
The first reservoir is long established with native carp to the mid twenties and quality roach. The second reservoir is a good general fishery with all species present. Recent stocking of bream. Carp present to top twenties. The third reservoir has had a very high carp stock rate with the occasional fish up to around 30lbs. Crucian carp present and even a few chub. A designated disabled swim is located on the second reservoir car park end.
Night fishing at Layer Marney
KDAA members can night fish the three Layer Marney waters following a succesful trial in 2018/19. This doubles the number of night fishing waters available to KDAA night permit holders. The size of carp varies from singles and low doubles to twenties with the occasional fish up to around the thirty pounds. There is no additional cost to the night permit for the extra waters.
The night fishing will be removed if we have complaints about members breaking the conditions that apply to this water: –
- Members must not arrive at or leave the water between 10pm and 5am the following day. This is to avoid disturbing the people in the properties near the entrance from the road.
- There must be no litter left. This includes human faeces.
- Members must not cause any disturbance to people living nearby.
- Members must NOT erect bivvies on any of the road ways around the water. Cars and farm machinery must have clear access to car parking and fields where appropriate.
- Members must NOT erect bivvies on any of the footpaths around the water. Anglers must have clear access to all swims.
- Please report non fishing people that turn up after dark to the Head Bailiff but do NOT challenge them.